Dried fruits bring a touch that is both sweet and healthy, an ideal touch to prepare recipes that are delicious, unique and original.
Dried fruit dishes are part of life’s little pleasures that we can enjoy whenever the urge takes us.
Generally, these sophisticated dishes are served on special occasions. However, they should be included regularly in their eating routine rather than reserved for celebrations.
In general, dried fruits provide a large number of nutrients that help strengthen our health. In addition, being poor in carbohydrates, they do not promote significant weight gain.
Now is the time to share with you three delicious dried fruit recipes. To your apron!
1. Salad with turkey, apples and dried fruits
Ingredients for two or three people
- 1 package of spinach leaves (500 g)
- 2 red apples
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit (150 g)
- 1/4 cup goat cheese (50 g)
- 1 cup turkey mortadella (150 g)
- Condiments: sweet mustard, pepper, salt, olive oil
- Wash and drain the spinach leaves well. Then put them in a salad bowl and reserve them for later.
- Cut the apples into julienne strips. Do not peel them.
- Prepare the vinaigrette sauce by mixing the sweet mustard, olive oil, pepper, and salt. Reserve the sauce for later.
- Cut the turkey mortadella into small dice and scatter them over the spinach.
- Cut the goat cheese into more or less fine rings and put them in the bowl.
- Pour the dressing sauce over the preparation and mix well.
- That’s it!
2. Couscous with dried fruit and red onion
Ingredients for two or three people
- Olive oil
- 1/2 red onion
- Condiments: sea salt
- 2 cups of couscous (200 grams)
- 1 small zucchini
- 2 tablespoons of raisins (30 g)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth (400 ml)
- Optional: curry, dates, sesame seeds, spicy, peaches
- A mix of dried fruits: almonds, peanuts, pistachios, hazelnuts
- Heat the chicken broth over medium heat.
- When the broth is boiling, add the couscous and a tablespoon of olive oil. Stir gently regularly and cook until the couscous has absorbed the broth. For a cup of couscous, you need two cups of broth.
- When the couscous is ready, turn off the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, wash and peel the zucchini. Cut them into small dice. Ditto with the onion and peppers.
- Over a skillet over low heat, pour a drizzle of olive oil and put all the diced vegetables in it to brown them.
- When the onion has taken a nice golden color, salt the vegetables and add the dried fruit. After two or three minutes, reduce the heat to a minimum. Let the different foods cook in their own juice for an additional minute, then turn off the heat.
- Put the couscous in a glass container, then add the mixture of vegetables and dried fruits on the couscous. Stir to thoroughly mix all of the ingredients.
- Incorporate the grapes in the preparation. You just have to serve!
3. Zucchini carpaccio with dried fruits
Ingredients for two
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- 3 zucchini
- 1 + 1/4 cups parmesan (250 g)
- 1 cup slivered almonds (150 g)
- Condiments: salt, pepper, cayenne pepper
- Peel and wash the zucchini well.
- Cut the zucchini into thin strips.
- Dice or grate the Parmesan cheese.
- In a small container, mix the lemon juice with the condiments.
- Put the zucchini strips in a salad bowl. For each of them, add a piece of Parmesan and a small amount of slivered almonds.
- Pour the lemon juice mixture over the base. You just have to taste this recipe!
These dried fruit recipes are very quick to prepare and are, moreover, exquisite.
Remember that dried fruit brings a touch not only crisp but also slightly sweet … Enough to make our meals even more appetizing!
Get started! You will not regret it.